* BP is offering free WiFi at gas stations? USA Today, here, seems to be under that impression, so we don't know if its actually fact or completely made up. Interesting idea BP, hoping to be the next hangout?
* Rebuilding Place in Urban Space has an interesting take, here, on Washingtonian's article about Arlington and Alexandria possibly becoming the 51st state. Why doesn't DC join in on the action? Makes sense to me ... better than retrocession into Maryland.
* Engadget has the scoop on Ford's self-parking car - just something else that lazy Americans really need. It should be available in two Lincoln models by 2010 ... interesting.
* Lifehacker has the deets on how to learn sign language - here.
* GGW thinks that Apple should stop toying around and design a building that the Georgetown ANC would actually like - something in the federal style. If they wanted glass, stone, and metal - they can go build in Gallery Place or Logan. Good point - here.
* The Clintons will be with America's Mayor on NYE assisting him in dropping the ball in Times Square. Excitement. Via Perez - here.
* Columbia Heights Streetscape project website is up and running - here.
* New Georgetown blog ... I personally like Vox Populi, but I'll be adding the Georgetown Metropolitan to Reader to check it out. I'll let you know what I think. Of particular note is that Mr. GM (as he annoyingly likes to call himself), has found the back door into Nextbus' WMATA page. Go here and select your route, then select your stop - and you have the next bus information ... nice!
* LOL ... Cite H:
* Got an hour and a half to kill ... or just want to see a really great documentary via Joe.My.God. - The Times of Harvey Milk is up on Hulu. I embedded it below, but you can feel free to click through because I think it'd be annoying to watch in this window. The full link is here. Watch: