Friday, December 19, 2008

Good Morning World!

and in case I don't see you Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night. This is going to be a morning roundup of sorts - though it is kind of late and I have to get my day going.

* I am home, home ... I'm not really sure what to call it anymore - because I call DC home, so calling NY home is tricky too. I called it my parents house to someone yesterday and that kind of freaked me out and made me feel like I was 40. So I guess home, home works ... perhaps 'where I grew up' but that is really a mouthful. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this issue.

* Anyway ... at home, home. It's snowing. It's actually sticking. It makes me feel cold. I need to go find my boots.

* People ... John Catoe is losing Cocktail's Moron of the Week vote ... get over there and vote. Link here! Yes I am trying to artificially inflate numbers with a lackluster blog population.

* Ummmm ... so we gave Patchus guest blogger privileges and he is gracing us with some posts. You may notice several spelling errors and grammatical mistakes, but its not his fault - he grew up in the 52nd State ... Ontario, and they don't have proper schooling up there. One day he will learn the English language.

* Stole this link from GGW - cool article in WaPo about public spaces that have been snatched from the public since September 11th. GGW got me thinking about all the barricades that we have put up since September 11th, and if they will ever come down. Anyway the article is interesting - it talks about the West Steps of the Capitol, which I have never been on because they are closed. AND! It talks about a Candlelight tour of the White House, which I have never even heard of. I immediately called my Representative from Home, Home and inquired - the intern had no idea what I was talking about, but I left a voicemail for the Scheduler.

* WMATA approved the prices from Inauguration (rush hour fares, and charging for parking). Interestingly enough SmarTrip will not be used for parking on Inauguration Day - they just don't want to deal with it - and parking will remain its current price of $4.00. According to Metro, they are unable to make it the consumer-friendlier $5.00 because they would be required to hold a public hearing on it. Via WaPo, Dr. Gridlock - here.

* Via DCist, the Fenty Administration has released a holiday picture of the family. The baby, Aerin, is like only three weeks old, but look at all the hair on her head. I don't know much about babies, but I was shocked to see so much hair. Anyway - the family looks good, although if I were Michelle Rhee's boss, I would want her in the Holiday card too ... maybe next year.


Ok I'm hungry ... out!

No comments: