Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Bus Stop Shelter

After weeks of walking by the Dakota (2100 F st Washington DC) on my way to work, i noticed some form of side walk construction in front of the building. I figured the bricks were broken, and simply the District would simply rectify the situation. However, just now i passed the site and saw something interesting; a billboard esc thing similar to those found in the mall, sitting outside the building with the word "wired" written on a sticky note. This leads me to believe that Metro is placing a Bus Stop shelter there.

I don't really have an opinion on this, because i never use the buses. So to fellow bloggers thoughts?

**** EDIT *****
This picture verifies the details

2 comments:

Jason Lifton said...

As a resident of Dakota I strongly encourage the city to do as much as possible to further block the sidewalk in front of my wonderful home. The dozens and dozens of people who are there at all hours of the morning and night blocking traffic don't bother me, so why would a permanent box that will further be in the way bother me....? In my opinion, there's not enough traffic as it is on that sidewalk so I'm hoping that the new bus stop will do the trick!

Chas Pressner said...

terrific... maybe this will muffle the obnoxious sounds coming from THOSE* people at ungodly hours of the morning.


*please note by THOSE people I mean the people waiting for the bus. I in no way mean to insinuate any particular race or income level.