Thursday, December 18, 2008

Greetings from Pittsburgh!!


I'm sorry it's been a couple of days since my last post (and I'm sure all 10 of our readers sorely missed me...). I notice Tim has been kind of enough to blog every 3.7 minutes, so I doubt anyone has been lacking something to read.

I'm joining you from the great American city of Pittsburgh, PA! I'm here for the next week or so visiting family, taking care of business, and all that joyous stuff. I've got some fun posts planned and I hope I can get to them all while I'm here.

Since I've mentioned the Steel City, how about some fun facts about America's heartland:

First, some lingo- if you're ever in Pittsburgh you should know:
We don't say rubberband, we say gumband.
We use jimmies not sprinkles on our ice cream.
It's pop, not soda
It's a sucker, not a lollipop


For a Pittsburghese pronunciation guide, go here.

As you and all my friends and acquaintances now know, I'm very proud of my Pittsburgh roots.

Also, this year the Pittsburgh Steelers are headed to the Super Bowl!! Or so I believe. But they are the AFC North Champs!

There's much more to come, look for my other posts later this afternoon! I'm going to incorporate a Pittsburgh theme into as many as I can. :-)

No comments: